[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. b03a521923e7e0cbf00c111fe504cfc25098f2f7

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Mar 4 19:16:10 UTC 2012

>> b03a521 Move Registry shutdown requests to a Horde Queue Task
>
> If you use the queue runner to explicitely replace shutdown
> functions, you should give the injected queue object a more explicit
> name too. Since this is not some generic queue that happens to use
> the shutdown implementation, it cannot be replaced by some other
> queue implementation in the future without breaking what it's
> supposed to do.
>
> Thinking more about that, I wonder what the advantage of using
> Horde_Queue instead of the shutdown function still is.

These don't look like good queue task options to me. If you think
about using an alternate backend (like gearman), logging things about
the current request doesn't really make sense. In fact, if the
registry were used in a queue task, this could create a loop of tasks,
each logging memory usage for the last.

-chuck