[dev] Fwd: New major version of pecl_http

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Mar 17 17:04:53 UTC 2012

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Michael Wallner <mike at php.net> -----
   Datum: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:50:57 +0100
     Von: Michael Wallner <mike at php.net>
Betreff: New major version of pecl_http
      An: mike at php.net

Hi,

I write this mail to you because you've contacted me in regards to pecl_http
in the past.

Maybe you've noticed that a new major version of this extension is in
development and I wanted to ask you, if you are interested, to review the
API of the extension.

Please ignore this message if you're not interested and apologize spamming.

I'm particularly interested if you feel strange with anything or any
inevitable
things are missing from your point of view.  Don't hesitate to ask any
question!  I'd really appreciate any feedback before I move to RC phase.

You can find the source code in PHP's SVN repository:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/http/branches/DEV_2/

There are a bunch of tests to give a quick intro to the API:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/http/branches/DEV_2/tests/
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pecl/http/branches/DEV_2/phpunit/

You can install current the development release in PHP>=5.4:
pecl install -f pecl_http-2.0.0dev8

You can use the reflection2php.php script in the repository to generate PHP
stubs of the API, which may be easier to grasp:
$ php reflection2php.php http

You can have a look at an exemplar project I recently created as a
POC, it gives
some usage examples of most of the http\Env namespace and the http\Url class:
https://github.com/mike-php-net/autocracy

I already appreciate a lot, if you've read so far.

--
Regards,
Mike

The Horde Project