[dev] Share names in kronolith not displayed: share_object->get('name') vs share_object->getName()

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Mar 31 16:33:39 UTC 2012

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi,
>
> in develop I spotted that share names are not displayed in most places
> like kronolith.
>
> I found out a lot of templates use $some_share_object->get('name')
> while others use ->getName();
>
> 'name' is not supported by the get method, at least not for the sql
> driver.
>
> What's the proper fix? Converting all templates/views to use getName
> or to ass the get('name') case to the backend driver?
>
> If it's the former I will fix any occurence at sight.

It depends on what information you are trying to get;
$share_object->get('name') is the correct form to use when trying to
get the share's *display* name (in the sql driver, this would map to
the attribute_name field). If you are trying to get the share's
internal share_name then you want $share_object->getName().

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org