[dev] Fwd: [symfony-devs] making the components/bridge repo's the target for PR's

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Wed Apr 4 09:36:07 UTC 2012

Hi!

The symfony devs are currently discussing pro's and con's of splitting
their repo into components. Sounds familiar :)

What I wasn't aware of before was this: http://help.github.com/subtree-merge/

Sounds a bit as if it might be possible to have the best of both
worlds by extracting the components into their own repos while at the
same time merging them into our existing repo. I didn't consider how
that would work with the different branches we currently have but I
believe we could easily test the potential or downsides of the
strategy by simply starting with one or two extracted components -
something we discussed before.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--