[dev] Connecting Horde database to a new module

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 2 17:55:12 UTC 2012

Quoting Chathurika Priyadarshani <npcpwijayawardana at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to develop a new application to be used with Horde webmail
> system. I have configured skeleton module in order to develop the
> application. Seperate database is there to work with added module.
> But, I need some data from the horde database also. (Turba module
> tables). Therefore I need some way to connect horde database to my
> module apart from the application database. (all together two
> databases)
> Could you please help me with this?

Do you mean you have a completely separate database for your custom
applicaton or do you mean you have added new tables to the horde
database? Hopefully the latter.

Either way, your application should not be interacting directly with
other application's databases. Rather, you should utilize the
application's API to get the information you need.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org