[dev] Template new applications

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu May 31 06:31:37 UTC 2012

Hi Héctor,

Am Mittwoch, den 30.05.2012, 08:50 +0200 schrieb Héctor Moreno Blanco:
> Hello Gunnar,
>
> Thanks for your hints. However I have a problem in this step:
>
> mv /path/to/modulename/lib/Skeleton.php /path/to/modulename/lib/Modulename.php
>
> I can't find that file (Skeleton.php).

It does indeed not exist anymore in the Horde 4 skeleton. I removed that
line.

> And I don't understand why the script 'projectrename.php' is loaded with 'Checkout' in the skeleton path...

Unnecessary. I removed that now.

> This is what I have done so far:
>
> ./projectrename.php /var/www/html/horde/skeleton/ backup
> find ./ -type f -exec sed -i 's/Your Name <you at example.com>/Testing Prueba <testing_prueba at mydomain.com>/g' {} \;
> mv test/Skeleton test/Backup
> mv locale/skeleton.pot locale/backup.pot
>
> I am stuck at this point because of the reason I explained above.

The wiki page is not perfect. I did give a talk last week on creating a
first Horde module. The aim was to demonstrate how to quickly get a
Horde application with smartphone support.

I hope I'll be able to condense that talk into some blog posts and wiki
entries in the next week.

As a basis for the talk I condensed the necessary steps required to get
the first module within Horde 5. There is a script in the git repo now
that allows a one-step procedure to get a new module.

See
http://log.pardus.de/2012/05/creating-your-own-horde-module-step-1.html

I also updated the wiki page.

Feedback welcome!