[dev] Version names

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 3 18:54:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

something I wanted to discuss earlier, but forgot about it. Since I
aim to release alphas for Horde, IMP and Turba tomorrow, I need some
quick feedback.

For historical reason, we name our versions 5.0-ALPHA1, 5.0-RC1, 5.0, etc.
For technical reasons, we name the PEAR package versions 5.0alpha1,
5.0RC1, 5.0 etc.

While I still like our original version names better, I think this is
some rather unimportant detail and subtle difference. For consistency
and to avoid confusion, I suggest we use the PEAR version names from
H5 on.

Any objections?

--
Jan Schneider