[dev] Jquery Mobile 1.1.1 RC1

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 5 19:06:05 UTC 2012

http://jquerymobile.com/blog/2012/06/28/announcing-jquery-mobile-1-1-1-rc1/

We probably want to upgrade to this, even during our own release
cycle, because it looks like they fixed this issue:

Slow tap response when clicking items in large listview on mobile
devices (Issue #4340) – Slow response times and crashing when clicking
on a list item (or any navigation element) far down a long page was
due to the browser trying to animate a really massively tall page from
the scroll position to the top of the screen. The scroll position, not
total screen height, is the determining factor for performance so we
added another condition to say that if you’re either coming FROM or
going TO a page where the scroll position is 3x the height of the
device’s screen, skip the transition (set it to none). This scroll
position breakpoint is configurable via the new
getMaxScrollForTransition function.

This issue made selecting a folder almost completely unusable if, like
me, you have a good amount of subscribed mailboxes (my recent change
to only show polled mailboxes made a HUGE difference re: this, but Jan
is reporting issues with this new code, although I am currently unable
to reproduce).

michael