[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 9479c9cecf80727cc1f18cfe99ab17284f86402d

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Jul 8 14:00:14 UTC 2012

> Zitat von "Michael J. Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> commit 9479c9cecf80727cc1f18cfe99ab17284f86402d
>> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>> Date:   Sat Jul 7 15:38:11 2012 -0400
>>
>>    Ensure we have a default value.
>>
>>    Possible fix for Bug: 11246
>>
>> wicked/migration/4_wicked_single_revisions.php |    8 ++++----
>> 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/9479c9cecf80727cc1f18cfe99ab17284f86402d
>
> We probably should catch that in Horde_Db too.

I thought of that, but wouldn't that prevent ever having a true NOT
NULL column that actually enforces having to pass a non-null value to
the database? I.e., it's conceivable that some code would want the
database tier to reject a record if it doesn't contain a non-null
value for some field. Handling this in the Horde_Db layer would
prevent this. At least as it is now, if we wanted to reject a null
value instead of assuming it's '0' or '' or whatever, we could perform
another alter table action that edits the column after the migration
logic is complete.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)