[dev] develop vs. master

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jul 10 05:50:38 UTC 2012

Now that we've started the release process for H5, we need to make
sure NOT to merge master into develop.  These are now two entirely
separate codebases.  Fixes into H4 need to be explicitly cherry-picked
into H5.  Because I am now personally making changes to H4 that should
NEVER be in H5

Actually, this has been happening for awhile. it is very annoying to
merge master into develop, just to find out you now have all sorts of
issues regarding unwanted code merges. there is a bunch of stuff in
develop that has been totally rewritten, so fixes in master are either
no longer needed or, worse, detrimental.

So I feel we need to immediately branch the current master, merge
develop into master, and get rid of develop.

michael