[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 646292b64de60c8fcbf3c5cf5d8be60be9e86873

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 12 19:48:18 UTC 2012

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> commit 2150fa7738e9175b20943981ef220b1a0bacd40e
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Date:   Wed Jul 11 00:30:03 2012 -0600
>>
>>    Fix subfolder indentation (Bug #11262)
>>
>> horde/themes/default/screen.css       |    3 ---
>> imp/themes/default/dynamic/screen.css |    4 ++++
>> 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/2150fa7738e9175b20943981ef220b1a0bacd40e
>
> Now I recall why (or actually how) I broke the indenting. With the
> current indention, the highlighting background of active and hovered
> items is indented too. That's what I was fixing when changing the
> indention.

It looks right to me.  Indent highlights should not go all the way to
the edge of the screen - since that area is not clickable.

Another further question: why was the folder list changed to a float
based layout.  This is precisely what we DON'T want: shrinking the
sidebar should cause overflow to disappear.  Wrapping is entirely
undesirable.

The previous list-based layout allowed us to hide the overflow, which
is what is expected: as a user, I want to see as much as the folder
list as possible, but I don't care if I see all of an individual
entry.  Compare this to float where the logic is that those items need
to remain visible on the screen at all times.

This will be a big issue trying to fix display of long (or heavily
indented) mailbox names.

michael