[dev] Pastie Pastebin app status: Runs on H5, but won't release.

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:17:38 UTC 2012

Hello, Ralf. Seems nice.

Let me hijack your msg to ask some questions regarding Rdo. I´m a bit
confused about the driver organization and your work with pastie has
helped a lot. Please, forgive me if my assumptions below are wrong. I´m
not experienced and just seek orientation.

Em 13/07/12 17:48, Ralf Lang escreveu:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've invested some hours to make pastie run on horde 5.
>
> Pastie is a pastebin app by Ben Klang.
>
> I basically copied a lot of steps I also did on sesha inventory app:
>
> * db migration file
> * use a factory class instead of the factory in the base driver
Since horde has a dependency injection framework, shouldn´t rdo entity
mappers be instantiated like:

$GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('Appname_EntityMapper');

This way there´s no need to worry about creating or passing around the
adapter object (the one needed by Horde_Rdo_Mapper::__construct), since
it is automatically provided by the framework.

Also, the getInstance method from injector would already take care of
avoiding returning new Mapper objects, considering it already works with
the dependency injection container. So, my question is if it is
necessary to use a rdo factory method for instantiating entity mapper
objects rather than just using getInstance from global injector.

> * Create a horde 5 compatible driver based on Rdo (less work than
> converting the Sql driver to Horde_Db).
Is it correct to assume the rdo stuff works only as an abstraction layer
for the Horde_Db_Adapter_... and, thus, will only manipulate sql
backends? If this is correct, than why is it necessary to create a
separate rdo driver for the application? Shouldn´t it be "blended" wih
the sql driver or, better saying, be automatically selected when the
administrator selects "sql" as the driver for the application?

> It works for me and I will put it on internal trial. It lacks obvious
> features though (you cannot delete or expire things).
>
> You need mod_rewrite and one of two highlighting libraries (see
> INSTALL). Pastie is not currently included in the default registry.
>
> I do not intend to make this release ready anytime soon, there's still
> not enough phpdoc, not all prototypes are in the basic Pastie_Driver,
> I did not remove files no longer used, it bases on Horde_Templates.
>
> Would be quite a lesson to play with ajax features for this but there
> are no docs and the devs are still busy with making the mainstream
> apps release ready.
I´d appreciate if you could make some comments. Would certainly help me
learn a bit more about the great rdo feature and how to organize it
inside the application.
> - -- Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563