[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 7c751c58fed0a545407c3def62030634f31f975f

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Sep 6 06:31:10 UTC 2012

Quoting "Michael J. Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> commit 7c751c58fed0a545407c3def62030634f31f975f
> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Date:   Thu Sep 6 02:13:11 2012 -0400
>
>     First pass at refactoring Nag's smartmobile interface.
>
>     Move to the smartmobile/ajax framework. The only thing I haven't
>     brought over/fixed fully yet that existed in the old view  is
>     displaying the full task dialog (though the data is fetched)
>     and creating a dedicated form for adding a new task. More to come....
>     for add

Noticed this comment:

         // @TODO: This doesn't get triggered.
         $(document).bind('HordeMobile:runTasks', NagMobile.runTasks);

I assume you know that you need to push information via
Horde_Core_Ajax_Application:runTasks() for this to be triggered.

And I guess this is my chance to give my 2 cents on jquery Mobile.
Love that it is fairly easy to implement UI elements.  Completely
hate, and this goes for jQuery in general, that it is **not** a
framework set up to do client-side processing.  jQuery is really all
about eye-candy in the browser.  prototypejs is infintetly superior
when it comes to coding browser-side "work" (e.g. caching;
processing).  I find it somewhat amusing that jQuery has sort of risen
as the "preferred" framework - since prototypejs is so far superior
when it comes to extending the base javascript language.

I feel like I need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to trying to do
basic framework-y activities in jQuery.  The prototypejs framework is
much more about processing data rather than focusing exclusively on
DOM manipulation.  (And typing this I feel a bit lame since Jan
already laid out these limitations long ago.  See, e.g.:
http://www.horde.org/papers/MergingHordeJQM.pdf)

End rant.

michael