[dev] Git branch naming

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Oct 30 03:14:43 UTC 2012

Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> rašė:
>
> +1 on all of this. With the exception of branching of master during
> the release.
>
> I would suggest branching during alpha/beta stages. This way long
> release polishing cycle won't block development work which should go
> into next "major" version, e.g. Horde 5.1.

I wasn't very clear in my original post... but I have zero arguments
with this.  This wasn't suggested at the present moment simply because
we are already in the release process so, from a practical
perspective, it is already too late to do this.

But yes, in the future, this would be the desired way to start
preparing for a release.

michael