[dev] IMP and Archiveopteryx 3.1.3

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 6 23:58:19 UTC 2012

Quoting Ian Roth <iron_hat at hotmail.com>:

> The recent IMP and Imap_Client releases have stopped my horde
> installation. The IMAP server is Archiveopteryx .... The IMP debug
> log when accessing the default IMP index page is as follows:

[snip]

> S: OK [CAPABILITY IMAPrrev ACL ANNOTATE-EXPERIMENT- BINARY CATENATE
> CHILDREN COMPRESS=DEFLATE CONDSTORE ENABLE ESEARCH INNNLEVEL= ID
> IDLE LIST-EXTENDED LITERAL+ MULTIAPPEND NAMESPACE RIGHTS=ekntx SORT
> SORT=DISPLAY STARTTLS UIDPLUS UNSELECT URLAUTH WITHIN] done

The server announces it supports LIST-EXTENDED (RFC 5258)...

> C: LIST () "" ("INBOX")
> S: BAD Expected IMAP atom, but saw: ) "" ("INBOX")

...and then doesn't know how to parse it.  An empty list-select-opts
list (i.e. ()) is explicitly mentioned by the RFC as being allowed
(RFC 5258 [6]).

Your only recourse is to upgrade, use a different server, or disable
LIST-EXTENDED support via imp/config/backends.local.php
('capability_ignore' parameter).

michael