[dev] Authentication none and CAS

Alfonso Marín Marín almarin at um.es
Mon Dec 10 08:52:50 UTC 2012

Hi:

We are trying to adapt the CAS driver ESUP
(http://www.esup-portail.org/display/PROJHORDE/Horde-esup) to
authenticate Horde 5 with CAS. This driver has the capability to
transparently authenticate and implements transparent() function, which
is responsible for redirecting the CAS website if no horde session exists.

The problem we have is that this function is always called, even from
those scripts that are configured with the argument 'authentication' =>
'none', and the driver always redirects to horde even for those not
authenticated scripts. I think there is no way of knowing this situation
from inside the function or the driver initialization, because that
argument is protected in Horde_Registry.

Perhaps there is some way to detect this situation, any idea?. An easy
solution would be to incorporate a function as Horde_Registry :: getArgs
() to access the registry configuration arguments.

Thanks in advance

--
Alfonso Marín Marín
Sección de Telemática - ATICA