[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_1 updated. 75852de8902d8f3b2ad0a19e67867849fa43b8d6

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 25 18:25:58 UTC 2013

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> 4f2fd86 Horde_Queue is mandatory, since Horde_Queue_Storage is a
>> global injector instance
>
> That doesn't make it mandatory. It's only mandatory when you
> actually use the injector instance. Most of our injected instances
> are optional, because they are actually not instances but on-demand
> factories.

I disagree.

Optional is something like 'lzf' or Horde_Text_Filter_Csstidy, which
is explicitly checked for and if not available isn't used.

But defining an interface in Horde_Core tells me that interface is
available.  In the app you're not going to check either of these:

1.) Exception thrown by interface factory (these indicate
configuration issues, which are always fatal)
2.) Existence of package in package.xml (this should be checked in the
main package)

michael