[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_1 updated. 06761a35f94bd0b9fc605c5cb2409875a3a5381e

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 27 21:06:26 UTC 2013

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> f2fd2d8 [mms] Move folder disabling configuration into backends.php.
>>
>> This should be a Permission instead.
>
> No it shouldn't.  That is something completely different.  This is
> for disabling folders per *backend* (i.e. allow users to connect to
> only their Gmail INBOX via a Horde installation), not per *user*.

We could add them as sub-permissions of backend permissions. Those are
missing anyway, we allow in most other multi-backend applications to
disable backend via permissions.

> The problem with user permissions in IMP is that it is duplicative
> (and inferior) to IMAP ACLs.

Where it goes down to the mailbox level, sure. But disabling folders
and similar has nothing to do with ACLs. Per-backend configuration in
backends.php neither.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project