[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_1 updated. 06761a35f94bd0b9fc605c5cb2409875a3a5381e

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Mar 1 21:21:04 UTC 2013

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> A question would be what to do about the max
>> recipients/folders/timelimit permissions.  These should also
>> probably be backend specific.  But this would probably be a fairly
>> involved upgrade to current permissions and/or require backend
>> changes to SQL storage.  (Although thinking about it... it should
>> actually be fairly trivial to copy the old permissions into new
>> backend-specific perms via an upgrade task.  So maybe this is not
>> that big of a deal).
>
> Agreed for folders permissions. Recpient/timelimit permissions still
> make sense as global permissions, they are mainly for spammer
> protection and not really tied to backends.

I originally converted these to per backend also.  I could see
arguments for either way.  But nobody has really complained, so I'm
going to move back to a single IMP-wide permission if just to ease
upgrading issues.

>> * fixed_folders
>>  - This setting never made any sense to me.  This *is* nothing more
>> than removing certain ACL rights from a mailbox.  In other words,
>> this is nothing more than a compatibility layer for people not
>> running IMAP ACLs.  The more proper solution will be to implement a
>> hook that allows manipulation of IMAP ACLs instead.  This has the
>> benefit of 1) allowing any ACL right to be changed (not just
>> rename/create) and 2) is just the more proper way of implementing
>> this.  ACL syntax is more complicated, but we can easily provide
>> sample code in the hook example to clearly indicate the basic
>> restrictions.
>
> This is from a time where we didn't reflect ACLs in the UI yet. It
> makes sense to remove it in favor of ACLs in the next version.

I will likely add a 'acl_mailbox' hook that will replicate this
feature.  This will also eliminate the need for  the 'display_folder'
hook.

michael