[dev] Deprecated elements

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 13 03:08:48 UTC 2013

> Now that we have token protection, I believe these Horde elements
> are deprecated:
>
> horde/services/go.php (and 'go' service in Horde_Registry#getServiceLink())
> Horde::externalUrl()
> Horde::signQueryString()
> Horde::verifySignedQueryString()
> horde/conf.xml:
>  $conf['urls']['hmac_lifetime']
>
> It might be useful to have something like a long-lived token to be
> able to create safer URLs meant for public dissemination (i.e. IMP
> linked attachments).  But as currently setup, these elements above
> are meant for logged-in users, not external users.  So that is a
> totally different feature.

go.php/Horde::externalUrl() is for making sure that session ids in GET
don't get passed to external sites. So unless I'm misunderstanding,
this is a separate thing.

Possible that we don't use the signQueryString/verifySignedQueryString
elsewhere, but they seem like useful pieces to me? No strong opinion
though.

-chuck