[dev] Dependencies for autoloading

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 20 04:00:46 UTC 2013

For now, I have Horde_Css_Parser with a required dependency on
Horde_Core.  This is there because, as written, Horde_Css_Parser
requires the horde-specific Horde_Autoloader setup to find the actual
parser files.

However, 2 things occur to me:
1. Horde_Core doesn't actually setup the autoloader anyway.  This is
done by horde.  So Horde_Core is not even correct.
2. We don't take into account autoloading for other packages, right?
The "Sabberworm" namespaced classes should be installed into PEAR so
that any default autoloading scheme should load them fine.  So we
shouldn't need any dependency on an autoloader, correct?

michael