[dev] Abandoned topic branches

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 16 10:26:41 UTC 2013

> Probably a good time to clean up abandoned topic branches.  Or, at a
> minimum, move them to a forked branch on github.  *I'd* like to see
> the "official" branches be either supported branches (e.g.
> FRAMEWORK) or active branches that are planned on being incorporated
> in main branch in the near future (e.g. a more complex commit) or
> something guaranteed to be incorporated (e.g. imp_7_0 branch...
> which I have committed at least one item to, but doesn't show up in
> github.  Hmmm...)
>
> I think other more experimental stuff should either be kept locally
> or in a forked repo from the main repo.
>
> Discussion welcome on this philosophy.
>
> Regardless, here's a list of branches that appear to be abandoned
> and/or obsolete (with the creator as identified by github):
>
> H4-Vfs (mjr)
> H4-Icalendar (jan)

I think the Vfs one is from myself too. Both are still on my todo list
to be taken care of some time.

> Assuming by the name alone (H4) that these have long since been relevant.
>
> SabreDAV (bklang)

I will remove the dav branches once I'm finished with that.

> horde_db_oracle (jan)

I recently looked at it because we're getting Oracle support
sponsored. It looked pretty useless though. I will take of it once I
work on the support anyway.

> jonah-share-content (wrobel)

No idea about the state of this one either. I think Ian contributed a
batch of that and it had been managed by Michael and Chuck in the past.

> Not sure about these, but no work for 2+ years.
>
> bootstrap (chuck)

Can probably go away, IIRC it was some playground to see if we could
build the new Horde UI on top of Twitter's bootstrap library.

> As his comments state "We're probably not going to use it".
> Posterity is good, but not at the expense at mucking up "valid"
> branches.
>
> h5-autoloader (wrobel)
>
> This looks like an abstraction of the Autoloader Cache code.  Looks
> useful.  Gunnar - how close is this to being usable.
>
> passwd_core_imp_reauth (ralflang)
>
> I think this has been made obsolete by the decision that
> authentication credential changes require a complete destruction of
> the Horde session.  Agreed?
>
> michael

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project