[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 26bc04dcbb9b9261863531ad7be1385a8c96a031

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon May 6 22:20:48 UTC 2013

>> commit 8f9d271fb37cbe951c5698aa37425a1657990060
>> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Date:   Mon May 6 23:17:52 2013 +0200
>>
>>    MongoDB is sloooow. Extend expiry time by a magnitude.
>>
>> framework/Lock/test/Horde/Lock/Storage/TestBase.php |    6 +++---
>> 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/8f9d271fb37cbe951c5698aa37425a1657990060
>
> MongoDB for me is at *least* an order of magnitude faster for me
> than the SQL backends (Postgres).  And I'm running SQL natively on
> the same machine while running MongoDB in an entirely separate
> virtual machine with minimal resources (512 MB total for the VM).

For the record: some of this gain may be due to the smaller/simpler
code being run on the Horde side.  So this super unofficial benchmark
is solely me looking at a PHP process (or a portion of it) and
eyeballing the differences when swapping between the two drivers.  And
this was with the Horde_Imap_Client cache driver, which uses multiple
tables, so the JOIN queries in the SQL DB are not necessarily tuned
all that well.

michael