[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a45869aae5197a8cce26dd77dbbca505d99ba176

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 22 16:04:51 UTC 2013

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> The branch "master" has been updated.
>> The following is a summary of the commits.
>>
>> from: 4a163bf0baf4b8da24b3111e4eba44ca5e4d85af
>>
>> a45869a [cjh] Add ability to cache history queries.

>> commit a45869aae5197a8cce26dd77dbbca505d99ba176
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Date:   Fri May 17 15:53:31 2013 -0600
>>
>>    [cjh] Add ability to cache history queries.
>>
>>    [mms] Abstract history query caching to use Horde_HashTable.
>>
>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/History.php |    6 ++--
>> framework/History/lib/Horde/History.php           |   33
>> ++++++++++-----------
>> framework/History/lib/Horde/History/Sql.php       |    4 +-
>> framework/History/package.xml                     |   21 +++++++++----
>> 4 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/a45869aae5197a8cce26dd77dbbca505d99ba176
>
> Still doesn't make sense to me to use HashTable instead of Cache,
> especially since Cache can use HashTable as the backend. It's the
> only Horde package or application that explicitly uses HashTable
> instead of Cache for caching.

I don't necessarily disagree.  My bit was just converting over to
HashTable before 5.1, since Memcache only usage is deprecated.

And FWIW, going forward there really shouldn't be any difference
between Horde_Cache and Horde_HashTable (i.e. they should be merged
into Horde_Cache at some point). This can't be done at the present
time since we do use Memcache separately from other kinds of caching.

A reasonable goal for the next major release of Horde_Cache is as follows:
1) Allow multiple cache storage drivers to be natively supported (i.e.
no "Stack" wrapper)
2) Allow some kind of priority order to be established (i.e. one can
be labeled "more stable; longer-lasting" than another)
3) Also allow resource limits/data limits to be established per driver
(e.g. memcache can be limited to 50 KB of data; disk storage could be
unlimited).
4) Handle serialization/compression natively within the cache driver.

michael