[dev] Git splitting

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 20 23:58:11 UTC 2013

> The next step will be to determine how we can use PHP composer to
> allow developers to assemble the disparate repos into a format that
> we can actually use on a day-to-day basis.  Should not be that
> difficult - we should only need to replace/alter the install scripts
> in framework/bin.

OK.  Verified that we can create composer.json with his library:

https://github.com/claylo/conductor

On the command line, it works via:

# php package2composer.php

in the same directory as a package.xml file.  One caveat: this needs
to be added manually to the composer.json file:

     "repositories": [
         {
             "type": "pear",
             "url": "http://pear.horde.org"
         }
     ],

(This can be done via a config file going forward).

This will install all dependencies for a package using Composer (using
PEAR packages).

It seems that Pirum does automatically create compose repos when
building the PEAR repo, so maybe we can take advantage of that in the
future.

michael