[dev] Git splitting

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jun 21 20:01:28 UTC 2013

>> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> I'm still confused how this will help with people using our split
>>> git repositories. This will work against the released PEAR
>>> packages, right? So, how will we help people manage the various
>>> dependencies when using git? If I'm checking out git to get the
>>> latest and greatest code to work against (or help develop), I'm
>>> also going to want to be able to checkout the git repository of
>>> all of it's dependencies, not the PEAR packages - especially if we
>>> are in development of a new major version where we won't have any
>>> PEAR packages released yet that are compatible.
>>
>> Composer is capable of building packages from Git.
>
> This is besides the point anyway.  Above I am discussing how we can
> create composer.json files for all packages as an alternative to
> PEAR installation.  It has nothing to do with git reorganization.
> This is something that can be done TODAY.

Maybe, but the point I was making, and Jan has addressed, is still
valid. Before we can split the repos, we need to ensure we can help
developers manage the dependencies while checking out any of our git
repositories. I guess the context of the email caused me to misread
the point you were making about composer if it did not have anything
to do with splitting the repos.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)