[dev] Authentication session data cleaned by Kronolith

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 25 18:12:26 UTC 2013

Quoting Rui Carneiro <rui.arc at gmail.com>:

> I know that there is another alternatives but we were trying to upgrade
> horde code without messing our backends. Our memcache daemon has an uptime
> of 3 years (25713 hours to be precise) and we had no problems until now.
>
> The problem is in fact related with >1MB blocks. Easily reproduced by:
>  $GLOBALS['session']->set('imp', 'xyz', str_repeat('a', 5000000));
>
> Anyway, we will try to use Redis but IMHO this is bug that needs to be
> fixed.

Nothing substantive has changed in Horde_Memcache for more than a
year.  So this sounds dubious.

You will need to pinpoint what is broken.  I no longer support
Memcache as I do not have an installation anymore.

If upgrading to 5.1, you did upgrade your configuration, right?  See
horde/docs/UPGRADING.

michael