[dev] Adding -system- shares to Caldav (Horde_Dav)

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Jul 11 12:18:52 UTC 2013

On 05.07.2013 17:32, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> If've been looking around for where to patch in -system- support for Dav
>> shares. (kronolith, nag, turban).
>>
>> The Horde_Dav system expects -system- to be a user existing in
>> Horde_Auth and having an Identity. I'm not sure if I should provide a
>> static fake identity and always have a user -system- in the dav library
>> or if I should promote -system- to a first class special user. I'm more
>> leaning to the former (less invasive).
>
> Can you point to the code where this is required? Generally the former
> sounds indeed like a better solution.

Sorry, took a little longer (biking accident).

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12342
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/1e332785107f7373a987145eafdae8cb3fa30a51

All authenticated users get ACLs for calendars/-system- which lists only
system shares the user has SHOW privilege for. It's browseable.

Only patching Horde_Dav_Principals and the kronolith and nag
applications, no modifications to auth or Sabre Dav required.

No CardDAV/nag yet, but I think it's similar.

TODO: Display the caldav abonnement address when clicking
pencil->subscribe for system calendars. Haven't found where and how.

Any review welcome :)

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer