[dev] Fundraising: IMP Multiple Accounts Feature

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Aug 5 19:40:33 UTC 2013

All,

Recently on the IMP mailing list, several individuals have identified
the desire for an ability to access multiple accounts from within a
single Horde/IMP session.  I reported that this has been on the IMP
TODO list for sometime, but would be a complex and time-consuming
undertaking and one that would need to be funded in order to occur.

There was positive feedback about going the crowdfunding route, so it
has been decided to attempt this method to see if it can succeed.  Not
to mention, this is an interesting social experiment regarding this
new method of driving innovation at an open source software level.

The fundraiser page can be found here:

http://tilt.tc/Evs2

Important note: NOBODY is charged unless the full funding level is reached.

(Side note: I initially was going to use bountysource as the host, but
they charge 10% regardless of whether the project reaches its goal or
not.  In other words, if the goal is not reached everyone who pledged
would receive a refund minus 10%.  Obviously I am hopeful that this
won't be an issue since we will be successfully funded, but it is
entirely unacceptable to charge people for nothing in case this
doesn't happen -- thus the move to Crowdtilt, which only charges if
successful.)

Thanks everyone,

michael