[dev] wiki trolling: attachments Re: [commits] [Wiki] attachment: admin/my_documents/my_files, 1

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Aug 18 04:54:11 UTC 2013

On 18.08.2013 00:28, Wiki Guest wrote:
> guest [85.102.7.21]  Sat, 17 Aug 2013 22:28:37 +0000
>
> New attachment "1" to page "admin/my_documents/my_files". View page:
> http://wiki.horde.org/admin/my_documents/my_files

This is a new spin to wiki trolling:

He adds attachments to wiki pages like wiki/Usage
New attachment "lol" to page "Wiki/Usage". View page:
http://wiki.horde.org/Wiki/Usage

I cannot delete attachments without deleting the page (but I can delete
bad revisions and nonsense pages) because attachments do not generate
new revisions.

Not sure what this is all about, but it seems to return in waves every
few weeks.

Captchas don't seem to help.
Maybe unauthenticated edits should first go to some approval list?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de