[dev] Turba Issues (?)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 4 15:03:17 UTC 2013

> A couple of Turba things I discovered when implementing the Contacts
> Image feature in IMP 6.2 (wanted to flag here before opening tickets
> to ensure they are indeed issues):
>
> 1. The facebook contacts driver returns EVERY record for an email
> search.  At least with the search as implemented in the
> "Addressbook" driver, namely:
>
>                 $res = $registry->call('contacts/search', array(
>                     $email,
>                     array(
>                         'customStrict' => array('email'),
>                         'fields' =>
> array_fill_keys($sparams['sources'], array('email')),
>                         'returnFields' => array('photo', 'phototype'),
>                         'sources' => $sparams['sources']
>                     )
>                 ));
>
> I can verify that NONE of the facebook contacts actually matches
> $email.  But they are all returned.

When the driver was written, the only way to search for a "friend" via
the API was to know it's UID. So, in order to search we need to pull
the entire friend list in so we can filter the results on our side.

However, Turba_Driver_Facebook#_search() should be filtering the
results before returning them, if it's not, then this is a bug.

> 2. The 'photo' field in the return data (of a valid return result)
> is blank.  It should contain the image data.  I can verify that
> 'phototype' DOES correctly contain the MIME type of the photo data.

Do you mean from any search call, or specific to FB?
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org