[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 92777395c80c6ae515570038e14afb47ceb27175

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Oct 11 18:22:46 UTC 2013

>> 1cc360a A couple of more required files in IMP
>> 3bb74a2 A couple of more required files in Turba
>> 8416270 Another required file for passwd
>> b320317 Another required file for kronolith
>> d2035ef More required files for ingo
>> bda74fe More required files for gollem
>
> There's no sense in checking for those, because we ship them, and
> they no longer need to be created by the users.

....Except we hear all the time about people that have issues precisely
because they have removed these files.

And more important... this opens up the ability to check for
*.local.php files.  And even MORE importantly, this opens up the
ability to do syntax/lint checking on these user generated files.  So
a user would know via the test page if one of their local config files
is broken. (Also to do things like comparing to the shipped files and
issuing a warning if the user simply copied it over).

This wasn't done yesterday because I learned that there is no method
available to syntax check a file (sadly, this is no longer available:
http://us1.php.net/php_check_syntax).  So we need to write a wrapper
around the 'php -l' command line argument for this to work.

> Contrary to the conf.php files, for which you removed the checks.

No I didn't.

michael