[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 92777395c80c6ae515570038e14afb47ceb27175

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 14 11:56:48 UTC 2013

>>> 1cc360a A couple of more required files in IMP
>>> 3bb74a2 A couple of more required files in Turba
>>> 8416270 Another required file for passwd
>>> b320317 Another required file for kronolith
>>> d2035ef More required files for ingo
>>> bda74fe More required files for gollem
>>
>> There's no sense in checking for those, because we ship them, and
>> they no longer need to be created by the users.
>
> ....Except we hear all the time about people that have issues
> precisely because they have removed these files.

Really? I don't recall any. Which doesn't have to mean anything. But
"all the time" is definitely not true. What really happens all the
time is that people have incorrect .local.php file, see below.

> And more important... this opens up the ability to check for
> *.local.php files.  And even MORE importantly, this opens up the
> ability to do syntax/lint checking on these user generated files.
> So a user would know via the test page if one of their local config
> files is broken. (Also to do things like comparing to the shipped
> files and issuing a warning if the user simply copied it over).

This would obviously only cover syntax errors. Unfortunately it won't
help against outdated .local.php files from earlier versions, but it
would be a start.

> This wasn't done yesterday because I learned that there is no method
> available to syntax check a file (sadly, this is no longer
> available: http://us1.php.net/php_check_syntax).  So we need to
> write a wrapper around the 'php -l' command line argument for this
> to work.
>
>> Contrary to the conf.php files, for which you removed the checks.
>
> No I didn't.

Must have misinterpreted the removal of conf.php entries then.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project