[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_2 updated. 932c9345aff0d5b43cafb025c05447d8a632cc54

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Oct 16 14:48:52 UTC 2013

>> commit 932c9345aff0d5b43cafb025c05447d8a632cc54
>> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Date:   Tue Oct 15 16:58:01 2013 +0200
>>
>>    Display signature in compose view.
>>
>>    Final position, collapsibility and styling is open to discussion and not
>>    decided yet. But the functionality is there.
>>
>> imp/docs/CHANGES                             |    1 +
>> imp/js/compose-base.js                       |   13 +++++++++++++
>> imp/js/compose-dimp.js                       |    5 ++++-
>> imp/js/compose.js                            |    3 +++
>> imp/lib/Compose/Ui.php                       |   26
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
>> imp/package.xml                              |    1 +
>> imp/templates/basic/compose/compose.html.php |    9 +++++++++
>> imp/templates/dynamic/compose.html.php       |    6 ++++++
>> imp/themes/default/screen.css                |    9 ++++++++-
>> 9 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/932c9345aff0d5b43cafb025c05447d8a632cc54
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/932c9345aff0d5b43cafb025c05447d8a632cc54
>
> You knew this was coming :)

I did. :)

> 1. This must be configurable.  Default will be the same as IMP 6.1
> (i.e. no display).
> 2. Related to number 1 - this must not be shown if the user doesn't
> have any signatures.
> 3. This makes much more sense at the bottom of the page.  Seems to
> me like it should be collapsed by default (i.e. a simple "Click to
> view signature" link - preference as to collapsed state). Clicking
> opens up a small (4 lines?) window to view.

Done.

> 4. No need to load signature pane contents unless/until it is visible.

Doesn't make much sense to me. The signatures are only loaded once per
window, and only if the user opts to show them at all. The extra
hassle of requesting the signature via ajax and maintaining the code
isn't justified by the small (or bigger with some corporate html
signatures) initial payload increase IMO.

> 5. I would think that if we are going to allow viewing of the
> signature, we might as well make the damn thing editable.  Although
> that would be a pain when it comes to HTML signature... due to the
> need for an entirely separate editor instance.  The compromise is
> probably a button that transfers the signature to the message body,
> removes the signature pane, and marks the message as having the
> signature added so it is not re-added in case of draft/restore.

Let's see what the user response is with the current solution is. OTOH
making this editable would make the sponsor happy, so I might look
into this later.

> I will implement 1 and 2 in the next few minutes.
>
> michael

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org/