[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 62b322a88d6e33fe766d813d16b6580fc4974775

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Oct 30 21:05:31 UTC 2013

>> commit 62b322a88d6e33fe766d813d16b6580fc4974775
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Date:   Mon Oct 28 15:22:35 2013 -0600
>>
>>    Hide/show spam/innocent context menu entries in mailbox based on
>> current mailbox
>>
>> imp/js/dimpbase.js |    8 ++++++++
>> 1 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/62b322a88d6e33fe766d813d16b6580fc4974775
>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/62b322a88d6e33fe766d813d16b6580fc4974775
>
> I'd like the context menus to return in the mailboxes other than
> drafts and templates or at least in the spam mailbox. The use case
> is to train your spam filter by explicitly reporting mails that
> already are in your spam folder as spam.

I see your point.  But on the flip side, there is a configuration
option *explicitly* defining how this should behave.  And the
context-menu wasn't following this option at all.  Inconsistent UI at
best.

The context menu was defined more to show options that might not
otherwise be available on the button bar.  But the options in the
context menu are consistent with the button bar.  This was not the
case here.

Maybe a better solution is to have a submenu in the context menu with
the other option (I'd suggest a dropdown in the Spam/Innocent in the
button bar also, but that might be getting too confusing).

My one issue with the current context menus is that, unlike say
Windows, the row that triggers the submenu *is* a valid clickable
item.  In Windows, that isn't the case.  I'd sort of like to see a
context-menu UI where, for items that are clickable by themselves,
that the submenu is not displayed unless you hover over the right-most
15% of the row.  Especially if those submenus are "advanced" options,
they shouldn't be displayed to a normal user but should be easily
available for more advanced users.

michael