[dev] S/Mime signature not validating (Was Fwd: Test)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jan 14 02:24:09 UTC 2014

> ..and here's one that was sent via Android, validation succeeds in
> Apple Mail and on iOS, but not in IMP.

These look wonky to me:

 From what I understand, if a SignedData (smime-type=signed-data) is
being used, the extension should be .p7m, and not .p7s

and:

  boundary=Apple-Mail-D291D2D6-8189-45BA-8AD6-DFDE86B68312; micalg=sha1;
  protocol="application/pkcs7-signature"

shouldn't the micalg value be sha-1, and not sha1?

Am I correct in saying that it looks like these clients are sending
broken signatures?

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)