[dev] Horde_Mapi - License clarification needed

Remi Collet remi at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 18 06:11:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

Looking for packaging the new Horde_Mapi component I notice a need for
License clarification:

- according to package.xml License is GPLv2

- COPYING file is missing

- Mapi.php

* http://www.horde.org/licenses/gpl GPLv2
* NOTE: According to sec. 8 of the GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL),
* Version 2, the distribution of the Horde_ActiveSync module in or

The restriction state "Horde_ActiveSync ", please clarify is any
restriction exists on this module, or clean this sentence.

 * See the enclosed file COPYING for license information (LGPL). If you
 * did not receive this file, see http://www.horde.org/licenses/lgpl21.

So, GPLv2 or LGPLv2 ?

- Exception.php

 * @license   http://www.horde.org/licenses/gpl GPLv2

- Timezone.php

 * @license   http://www.horde.org/licenses/gpl GPLv2
 * See the enclosed file COPYING for license information (LGPL). If you
 * did not receive this file, see http://www.horde.org/licenses/lgpl21.

So, GPLv2 or LGPLv2 ?

Can you please fix this issue quickly so we can evaluate if this package
is suitable for downstream distribution (GPL with retriction is not
acceptable).

Thanks,

Remi.