[dev] Content package is required?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Feb 7 15:17:00 UTC 2014

> Appears that way, and that shouldn't be the case.  An admin should
> be able to disable for, say, performance reasons.  (I have a client
> that wants exactly this.) Since I'm not familiar with the code, any
> pointers on the best place to do this?  Thoughts on config
> (conf.php) vs. Null driver vs. disabling package in registry.

This is probably best done via a config switch, probably
per-application. Some applications absolutely require it (Trean is one
since it uses it as primary storage). A Null driver, or disabling it
in the registry probably wouldn't be a good overall solution since we
would still need to disable the UI components that rely on it; It
doesn't make any sense to allow input of tags when they are not going
to be persisted to storage. Of course, we can do an additional check,
in addition to the config switch, for Content being available and
disable the UI for either case.

Another option is what Ansel does, it allows basic usage of tags but
disables the more resource intensive operations like tag browsing.

--
mike
The Horde Project