[dev] improved unit testing (was: [commits] Horde branch master updated. f174f08002872dab2019bcca58175749f598bb6a)

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Mon Mar 3 22:03:14 UTC 2014

On 03/03/2014 08:36 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

>> Really need to find a way to unit test this kind of stuff, although it pretty much means I need to write an entire mockup of an IMAP server which is very annoying.
>
> Exactly the problem I have with the activesync unit tests as well :)

if it helps, we are currently developing a test suite
based upon autotest[1]. Right now it's of no real value
to the horde project since it's still too closely tied to
our (German) distribution.

But it already tests creation of mails, folders, events/contacts/xxx
moving events/task/notes/contacts - all using a Kolab backend.
All these tests are done for the dynamic view, basic view and smartphone view.
Even sharing calendars, addressbooks or import/export of "items".
Or sending large attachments with imp, saving the
recieved attachment and then do a md5 comparsion of the file :)

We plan on adding automatic ActiveSync testing via the Android SDK ;)

The core of the test suite is an OpenCV based tool for
computer vision aided automation, it's also "not public" yet
since we are still polishing it:
http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=guibender;a=summary
(it contains some clever combination of feature based
 and "template" based image recognition. I spare you the details.)

The long term goal is to provide something that works on
horde git / Fedora XX and "donate" it to the horde project.
But I guess we are at least one year away from that :(

If anyone is interested, I can provide a .webm video
showing the automatic firefox <-> horde interaction.

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] http://autotest.github.io/