[dev] Anonymous CVS down?

Jörn Mankiewicz joern.mankiewicz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 21:31:36 UTC 2014

Strange. This is all I get when I try to connect according to the description
on horde.org:

<code>
export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository
cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:2401/repository
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.horde.org(200.46.204.201):2401 failed:
Connection timed out
</code>

I also tried telnet to the port and a ping to verify that it's nothing with my
CVS setup:

<code>
telnet 200.46.204.201 2401
Trying 200.46.204.201...
telnet: connect to address 200.46.204.201: Connection timed out
</code>

<code>
PING nadia.horde.org (200.46.204.201) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- nadia.horde.org ping statistics ---
50 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 48999ms
</code>

When I try to connect to cvs.horde.org I get an authentication-failure as
expected and ping/telnet to 2401 indicates I can reach the server and
appropiate port. I even tried access from my company's net and got the exact
same results.

So I would conclude that either the DNS entry presented to me by my provider
points to the wrong server, the acces-information for anonymous CVS presented
on horde.org is wrong or there's something fishy going on with
anoncvs.horde.org and it's CVS/Firewall setup.

Sorry for bugging you over old, disused code but has anybody an idea whats
wrong here?

Thanks

Jörn