[dev] Horde_Imap_Client and Horde_Pack

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 12 07:15:21 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> According to packahe.xml, Horde_Imap_Client have an optional dependency
>> on Horde_Pack.
>>
>> But test suite fails without Horde_Pack:
>>
>> PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Horde_Pack' not found in ...
>>

>> Shouldn't those tests be skiped when Horde_Pack not available ?
>>

>> Remi.
>>
>> P.S. really a minor minor issue.
>
> We have other optional dependencies that are required for running
> unit test, most important Horde_Test. Even if not written down, this
> can be considered our policy, especially since unit tests are mostly
> for developers' purposes.

I'm wondering if Horde_Pack should not be listed as "required"
(Horde_Hashtable as well).

Not sure if we are considering "optional" to be:

+ Used if available, but code still runs without it
+ A non-required optional component uses it (but is required for that
component).

Horde_Hashtable/Horde_Pack falls into the latter, rather than the
former.  Thinking it probably makes more sense to err on the side of
caution and install more packages rather than less.

michael