[dev] kronolith: "Save as New" from shared calendar without DELETE permission

Jasper Olbrich jasper.olbrich at students.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 13 09:55:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

I recently encountered a problem regarding shared calendars:

* if sharee has only read permissions, he can use "Save as New" to copy
an event to his own (default) calendar.
* if sharee has read and edit permissions, but not delete permission,
the drop down menu to select a different calendar does not appear
(relevant code is at the very top of kronolith/templates/edit/edit.inc),
and "Save as New" creates a new event in the shared calendar
* if sharee has read, edit, and delete permission, he can pick his own
calendar and use "Save as New" to create a copy in his own calendar.

So, if you do not have delete permission on a shared calendar, there
seems to be no way to get a copy of an event into your own calendar.

Has this been possible in earlier versions of kronolith (we are running
4.1.5)?

What would be the "correct" way to enable this behavior? I would suggest
that the selection of a "target" calendar is possible even without
delete permissions, and if the sharee does not have delete permission
and picks a different calendar, the "Save Event"-button has to be disabled.

--
Regards, Jasper