[dev] Permissions and default permissions

Lukas Macura macura at opf.slu.cz
Fri May 2 12:41:24 UTC 2014

Hi to all,

we just tried to debug some interesting behaviour of permissions. We use
horde 5.1.6.

We made setup of turba, which makes some shared addresbooks readonly for
all authorized users.
But there are some users which were unable to use turba, even if
authorized. We found that there is difference between user which has no
group and user with at least one group.

I do not know exactly how $permission->getDefaultPermissions() should
work but there is difference and user with no group cannot use turba.
Does somebody has same problem? I made small modification of
Perms/Base.php which returns mimimum permissions if user is
authenticated but this is only workarround. Any suggestions how to setup
this good way? Only turna and whups are affected becouse we use rights
for them.

Thank you,
Lukas Macura