[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a599f7e01b65871add15284defd4ba128c7b985f

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat May 17 14:13:45 UTC 2014

>>> commit a599f7e01b65871add15284defd4ba128c7b985f
>>> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>> Date:   Thu May 15 16:40:56 2014 -0400
>>>
>>>   Add Horde_Core_History to work around chicken/egg problem.
>>>
>>>   Bug: 13105
>>>
>>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/History.php |    3 +-
>>> framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/History.php         |  163
>>> +++++++++++++++++++++
>>> framework/Core/package.xml                        |    6 +-
>>> 3 files changed, 169 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>> create mode 100644 framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/History.php
>>>
>>> http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/a599f7e01b65871add15284defd4ba128c7b985f
>>
>> Re the @todo: Horde_Core_History *does* match Horde_History
>> typehints because it extends it. Or are you talking about different
>> typehints?
>
> Exactly. I *had* to extend it for just that reason, but that means I
> couldn't rely on the __call() magic method to automatically pass
> non-decorated method calls to the composed Horde_History object.
> Though, now that I am explaining this it occurs to me that the
> reason I needed to compose the history object was because I
> originally thought I would need to create a brand new history object
> when the authenticated state changed. I later realized all I needed
> to do was ensure the 'who' parameter was passed to the log method.
> So, tl;dr, I probably don't need to actually wrap another history
> object anymore and can just override the log method.

Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this. We need to wrap the
history object since we are extending Horde_History, and not
Horde_History_{driver}. So, again, the @todo comment is simply
referring to the fact that because we are extending Horde_History (in
order to satisfy type hints), we have implement public and abstract
method from Horde_History, and not rely on the cleaner __call() method.

--
mike
The Horde Project