[dev] PGP keys for security at horde.org

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 1 15:44:14 UTC 2014

Quoting Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com>:

> Hi,
>
> given the recent development in world wide data snooping
> of government agencies, I guess it would be a good idea
> if there's a secure way to report issues to security at horde.org.
>
> Otherwise information about possible exploit vectors might fall
> into the "wrong" hands before a fix is publicly released.
>
> We could define a set of PGP keys on http://wiki.horde.org/SecurityManagement
> that could be used to report issues on the "security" email alias. Or we
> could create a distinct PGP key that's shared among a few trusted people.
>
> Opinions?

While I don't have any objections to creating a shared PGP key for
this purpose, there is really no way to enforce the use of sending an
encrypted email. This would require someone to search for, and find,
the keys to use. I just don't see the advantage if we can't enforce it.

--
mike
The Horde Project