[dev] Renew Horde credentials for each IMP login

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 1 20:49:36 UTC 2014

Quoting SSRI <ssri_abo at u-paris2.fr>:

> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> a écrit :
>
>> Quoting SSRI <ssri_abo at u-paris2.fr>:

>>> Yes

>>> Ok.
>>>
>>> And should I grab the new password with Horde_Core_Factory_Auth (
>>> calling
>>> $GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('Horde_Core_Factory_Auth')->create()
>>> ) inside the pushapp hook ?
>>
>> Don't know what you are asking for here.  If you designed/created
>> the system to generate a new IMAP password, you should get the new
>> password from that system.  This has nothing to do with Horde
>> authentication, as far as I can tell.
>>

> The system to generate the new IMAP password is in the Auth driver
> ... Wouldn't be easier ( cleaner ? ) if Horde authentication system
> would allow to update credentials inside an auth driver ?

No.

The problem is that we may be using cached information that relies on
the previous auth credentials.  There is currently no way of
broadcasting that the auth credentials has changed for a certain
application that is guaranteed to update this cached information
everywhere.

This is why we require a brand new session when changing a password
via the passwd application, for example.

michael