[dev] Horde_Imap_Client failed test with 5.5.21RC1 / 5.6.4RC1

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 14 22:55:26 UTC 2015

Quoting Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject.org>:

> Le 13/01/2015 11:02, Michael M Slusarz a écrit :
>> Quoting Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject.org>:

>>> First analysis:
>>>
>>> See http://news.php.net/php.internals/80363
>>> https://bugs.php.net/68532
>>>
>>> I try to fix the quote filter but doesn't seems really nice.
>>
>> http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/ae1adf9f1549f6bb826b541274949cfd0e77457e
>
> Nice
>>
> fix, thanks.
>
> Despite this is fixed, and needed (at least for 7.0) we don't know ye
> if we are going to revert this change in PHP 5.5/5.6
>
> Feel free to comment on the internals@ discussion about what you think.

I think the current (fixed) behavior is correct.

My implementation of the filter was actually wrong in that it assumed
that the filter would only be called once with a single bucket.  From
a practical standpoint, this didn't make a difference because strings
that we need to quote, at least in Horde_Imap_Client, are so short (<
50 characters) that the filter never saw more than 1 bucket in
everyday usage.  But theoretically, if someone was using the filter to
quote a long string, the previous
Horde_Imap_Client_Data_Format_Filter_Quote would have been broken
before my fix.

michael