[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 7fb00276bde050f0d815a9a4fcea4d55834defa7

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Apr 20 17:51:00 UTC 2015

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> commit eddb3852c05c5ee3c1d565dd592cb0c185f81d43
>>> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>>> Date:   Thu Apr 16 15:51:29 2015 +0200
>>>
>>>   Was this supposed to be used later?
>>>
>>>   At the moment, it's not. Do the other changes fix the charset
>>> issue? Using the
>>>   Horde configuration is not a good solution anyway.
>>

>> Yes, the change was stashed locally for some reason.
>>
>> If using the Horde config isn't a good solution, what's the
>> alternative to getting the existing charset? For a new install, the
>> charset config might be non-existent but that's why I default it to
>> utf-8. Can this be obtained directly from the db adapter?
>
> Yes, via getConfig('charset'). But I wonder why the conversion is
> necessary at all? I know, it was me who complained about incorrectly
> converted resource names, but why does it require reading the
> database adapter's charset?

When the resource's data was saved to the database, it was converted
from horde's internal utf-8 charset to whatever charset the DB was
configured to use. Normally, we would convert this back to utf-8 after
reading it from the DB and using it in Horde. Since the migration
isn't using the old (now non-existent) Kronolith_Driver_Resource_Sql
driver, we need to perform this conversion ourselves.

--
mike
The Horde Project