[dev] wrecking my installation through PHP upgrade

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:51:50 UTC 2015

All,

trying to get my PHP installation straight got me into a lot of trouble. I
meanwhile reverted PHP to 5.4.40 after experiencing verious problems with
PHP5.6. (Looking back the downgrading solved no problem though)

Currently the biggest problem is that users cannot log in any more. What
they get is a message essentially saying "User foo is not authorized for
Horde (Host: 192.168.0.202)."

The syslog shows:

May  6 08:26:59 luna HORDE: [horde] Login success for foo to horde
(192.168.0.202) [pid 89884 on line 164 of
"/usr/local/www/apache24/data/login.php"]
May  6 08:27:09 luna HORDE: User foo is not authorized for Horde (Host:
192.168.0.202). [pid 89884 on line 340 of
"/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]

(Notice how slow the server is, 10 seconds for a rejection. APC is
disabled, I am working on it.)

After such an unsuccessful login, the admin user can still see the session
of that user through the console. The session also proves that the user in
question does have permission to use Horde. Creating a new user did noch
change a thing.

It seems to me that the upgrading of Horde is causing the problems but I am
out of ideas. Must slow down my fixing attempts such as not to make any
more anti-progress.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards

  Sebastian