[dev] oops - unintentionally uninstalled mysql-server

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:18:02 UTC 2015

All,

thanks for bearing with me so far. Starting from a small problem I see
myself ending up redoing a major part of the horde installation.

Now, while getting my PHP installation real clean I seem to have also
uninstalled the mysql-server56. I noticed this as the currently running
server behaves strangely in taking way too long to answer requests. In
other words, the database files are still there, the SQL server process is
still running and all my data apparently is - yet - present.

I am hesitant to simply reinstall the package as I don't quite know what
files may be overwritten. As far as I can see the data files *should* not
get changed, should they?

But will I stay with the same database accounts and passwords?

And how can I make sure that the server is brought down gracefully (and
writes to disk all the pending information), now that I don't have the
start/stop scripts? Will a simple SIGHUN (i.e. a kill command) do the trick?

Thanks for all responses

  Sebastian